CTV News has learned that the relationship between Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and then-Attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould first began to fray in 2017. Here’s what else you need to know to start your day.
1. SNC-Lavalin case: Sources tell CTV News that Trudeau and Wilson-Raybould were at odds in 2017, over her choice to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court of Canada.
2. Ontario kidnapping: Toronto-area police have located the minivan, but there is still no sign of the victim in their investigation of the weekend kidnapping of a Chinese national in the underground parking garage of his condo building.
3. Asylum seekers: A Hong Kong woman, who helped shelter former CIA whistleblower Edward Snowden, has arrived in Canada with her daughter after being granted refugee status.
4. Giving consent: The lawyer for an Ontario children’s aid society has been fired after claiming a 14- or 15-year-old girl is a « sexually mature young woman, » not a child.
5. New baby: Grammy Award-winning Canadian singer Alanis Morissette revealed on Instagram that she is expecting her third child.
One more thing…
Cancer struggle: The family of an Ontario toddler is struggling to make ends meet after their toddler lost his right eye to cancer.